Life on the Trail

Right click on Menu Bar, scroll to view, click full screen.

Monday, October 20, 2008

120-162 October 21, 2008

The graphic organizers found in 120-162 were awesome! They would be great resources to help students learn to organize and analyze their ideas. The stars and planets organizer reminded me a lot of a Venn diagram, I have never seen it done quite like that before. Some of the other organizers looked like they were a lot like lesson plans with a Know category, Understand category and a Do category (pg 125) I thought that these would be great for my personality, because sometimes writing a whole lesson plan can be a hassle, but I don’t think its important to know KUD for each lesson and what your objectives are so I liked this organizer and how you can still plan but in a fun, visual way. Also, the Raft’s are my favorite! They allow you to differentiate for all students and all of them you can tier if they haven’t been tiered already. I would like to try and use them in my student teaching for math or science; I think the kids would really enjoy them. The other organizers I can see myself using are the Multiple-entry journals (pg. 161) for this upcoming field because it allows students to help students draw and then apply what they have been learning. I really liked this reading this week because we can use all of these worksheets later on.

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

I hope you DO use the graphic organizers in your teaching... and many others, as well. Sometime, come take a look at my huge file of graphic organizers.