Life on the Trail

Right click on Menu Bar, scroll to view, click full screen.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

pp 100-103, Pre-Assessments on Blackboard

I would use the information to help me to understand more deeply my student’s personal profile. It would not only assist me but also help my students begin to see their learning preferences and interests. I would probably give these sheets to my students on the first day of school or first week of school so I could gather the information about each student.
The only thing I could think to add is one more question asking if there is anything they think the teacher should be aware about them that may have not been addressed in the previous questions and also what motivates them or inspires them. This would help me as the teacher to not only be able to get to know each of my students but to also adjust my teaching method to better help inspire ALL of my students.

Oh my goodness, YES, all of them will hold very much potential for me to use in my ST classroom and with so many different pre-assessments--- I’d be able to trade off with a new pre-assessment. This would allow me to experiment and to see which one helps students the most efficiently. I know that personally, I love take assessments that help me get to know myself better, so I really think the students would enjoy learning about there individual preferences and getting to know themselves better too. Isn’t that part of our job as teachers to help validate students so that they can have respect for themselves and others? But yes, I could use most if not all of these assessments in class to get to know my students, to help them get to know themselves and to assist me in my endeavor to give all students the Equity that they need and deserve.

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

Super! You'll want to figure out which two types of surveys will work best for you in your field experience. I think the trickiest decision is how to determine readiness levels... but you understand where to look for ideas, and how to make modifications. Good job!